Social media extremism is the result of aggregation of many factors embedded as part of our lives.
1. What about paid MSM extremism before and after advent of social media.
2. This debate itself is because biased and paid MSM feels unsettled by social media. [SM]
3. Confirmation bias promoting, opinion and judgment peddling are no more sole preserve of MSM.
4. Everyone can express what touches the heart, triggers the adrenal or tosses the mind or makes one feel that it can be good for humanity.
5. MSM alone has no exclusive copy rights for social engineering anymore.
6. It is an age of missiles of multiple mindsets and aspirations and myriad perspectives and perceptions where moderation is marginalized and aggression is adored.
7. Social media’s popularity itself stems from some of the above and besides, of course, the usual human attributes of attention seeking, gossiping, rumor mongering and impulse to communicate and share.
8. In these processes SM has taught Newton's 3rd Law of motion to MSM.
9. If people want only palatable sermons plenty of scriptures out there, literature and life are lively because of stories and experiences.
10.Avoid attempts at homogenization and control of opinions and aspirations. It has failed everywhere starting from craze of Roman Empire to Nazism to Stalinism even in limited geographical area because nature is variety.
11.Life goes through its own churning process and evolution plays its part in all spheres unmindful of lofty preachers or news and nuisance peddlers.
12.Sense of balance must prevail over emotionalism. It would be nice if everyone and everything also evolve along with awareness of these inevitable facts.
13.Science and technology must be used as a medium for this along with providing physical and mental comforts.
14.Religions must emphasis utility to life rather than parading and taking pride in number of adherents or superiority of cult like following.
15.Economies must ensure better and happier life for maximum number with collective participation of all while ensuring minimum damage to environment.
16.Nations and politicians must realize that humanity is better served if it functions as a global unit devoid of specific real estate veneration, refrain from interfering in others affairs, avoid hysteric reactions to historic blunders etc.
17.So, social media extremism or exchange of ideas, ideologies and information and so on go to reflect all the sensitivities of identities which are prevalent in the society, which resists unity amid variety.