Search This Blog

Monday, July 24, 2023

Politics is being able to answer the same question in different ways

 A Russian Jew successfully secured relocation to Israel.


At the Moscow airport, when conducting a search of his belongings, the customs official found a statue in his case.

He asked the traveller, "What is this?"

The traveller replied, "That is the wrong question, comrade. You should have asked WHO this is. This is a statue of our great comrade Lenin which I am taking with me as a reminder of his contribution to our great country."

The customs official let the traveller go on his way and when he arrived at the Tel Aviv airport, the customs official there asked the same regarding the statue.

The traveller replied, "That is the wrong question, sir. You should have asked WHO this is. This is that bastard Lenin who persecuted me for being Jewish and forced me to leave my country. I carry this statue as a reminder to curse him every day."

The Tel Aviv official nodded and let him on his way.

Once the traveller was settled into his new home, he invited friends and family over for a house warming party.

When they arrived, one of his cousins spotted the statue on the mantle and asked, "Brother, who is this?"

The traveller replied, "That is the wrong question, my brother. You should have asked WHAT this is. This is 5 kg of pure gold which I managed to smuggle out of Russia with very little trouble."

Politics is being able to answer the same question in different ways and still coming out richer for it.

No comments: