Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2018

Evolving Systems and Dynamics

"The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live." - Mortimer Adler


This morning while at an inaugural function of a new project I could not resist unleashing these and I told them as I have only 10 minutes to speak I shall only put forth 10 points and one small story.

I told them that for every meaningless project or program I can unleash a few hundred like these.

1. Zymurgy’s first law of evolving systems dynamics: "once you open a can of worms, the only way to recan them is to use a larger can".

Now, all of you can infer for what issue I quote the above.

2. Perlsweig’s law: “people who can least afford to pay rent, pay rent. people who can most afford to pay rent, build up equity ".

3. The airplane law: “when the plane you are on is late, the plane you want to transfer to is on time".

4. Law of perversity of nature: "you cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter".

5. Cahn’s Axiom: " when all else fails, read the instructions".

6. Peer’s Law: “The solution to a problem changes the nature of the problem.

No comments: