Two years of NDA or MODI’s Operandi –an evaluation in local circles
Who are we in any way to evaluate the massive change in the very dynamics and debates of real political arena?
The very tone and tenor of this starting sentence reveals the massive impact in short time in political arena and long term benefits to the economy of the nation.
This may be different from those manipulative exaggerations that take place in a few English news channels in India and some news papers or as projected by some vested interest lobbies.
That’s why even all political parties rely more on social media than TV channels.
All parties and state governments talk of investments, education, sanitation, health, agricultural development, economic development, infrastructure development and employment generation.
Of course there are always some gift items of freebies and media generated circus of divisive politics and victim hood peddling to divert the attention of the gullible masses-surprisingly and unfortunately these things also get political dividends sometimes.
In this unwelcome and infectious milieu PM MODI is doing the following excellent things which are a great paradigm shift in a short span and are going to be of immense use giving long term benefits, because he knows a country with a great pride of ancestry can only become a hope for the future:-
First putting institutions in place;
Second ensuring efficient, enthusiastic and the most eligible persons at important positions in these institutions who can at least think in the same wave length and attempt to execute appropriate measures with certain amount of integrity and;
Third ensuring the benefits, services etc directly reach the most deserving population through activities like opening bank accounts, doing away with Gas subsidy, social security scheme, making railway stations as business hubs in small villages, and;
Fourth ensuring inter-state interactions at all levels irrespective of political affinities or ideologies.
Fifth using enormous surveys and data to implement schemes in a very scientific measured way;
Sixth evolving systems and structured and methodical development processes in many fields to ensure delivery of schemes implemented reach the eligible and intended beneficiary and not eaten up by middlemen of various hues.
It is these activities which are no small achievement by any means in any country and, more so, in a country like India with a perennially anti development attitude peddling hostile media and multitude of host of theoretical suggestions giving experts who try hard to criticize every action and try hard to find fault if not invent mistakes to question every action or policy.
Kudos to MODI .
Yes it is true and he is going about doing some very important things for a country,[ as can be obviously seen by all without being specialist economists or the feigning half baked judge all and know all TV anchors], like India which is:-
1. Geographically large and susceptible to the vagaries of weather on which not only the economic activity but the very livelihood of the majority of population depends namely, agriculture.
2. A population which is multi-cultural, multi-religious, multi ethnic, multi- lingual,hyper sensitive and vulnerable to manipulations and instigations;
3. Vast majority of this population is habitually used to anarchic behavior,
4. Essential government services are at the mercy of multiple Babus [starting from a clerk to a Goonda leader to a minister either political, bureaucratic or otherwise influencing everything,
5. Majority of the population vulnerable to emotional black mailing,
6. A name sake federal structure which was subjected to pull and push tactics by the central government even on issues of national interest and those in concurrent list for political considerations.
7. Bunch of academically qualified people who have only worked for short term gains or with next election minding politicians.
8. To add to some of these inherent and inevitable difficult circumstances and atrocious destructive forces there are also many externally sponsored trouble creators operating under various masks, mostly through some foreign funded NGOs and paid media houses.
9. There exists alongside a small portion of emotionally charged attention diverting and uncontrollable extreme right wing elements who have their own agenda which they do not realize is not the priority for the nation at present.
10. All these combinations are further manipulated and misused by the majority of the most dangerous malign media mafias with their hidden agenda, dictates of their pay masters etc. These popular goons who enjoy popularity and power without any responsibility can magnify minute things and totally mask massive corruption through their selective amnesia, collective indifference, brain washing techniques, sloganeering and many other dirty old tricks.
Modi has failed enormously in checking media probing in to the scam of only select media houses accompanying the PM [MMS] during UPA regime at tax payers’ cost on all trips abroad.
Some media houses are conducting more trails and delivering more judgments on all issues than all the courts in India put together including on judicial activism when judiciary is not favoring them; preach on parliamentary over reach when parliament wants a panel to appoint judges; blame bureaucratic hurdles when funds of their pay masters get delayed; criticize government corporate nexus; condemn police excess but media mafia, misuse and its lobbies always take umbrage under press freedom.
Stephany Yablow was correct "Inevitably, the media create a circus, elevating everything and elucidating nothing."
It also establishes well what Charles Eisenstein said, "From brand names to PR slogans to political code words, the language of the media that inundates modern life consists almost wholly of subtle lies, misdirection, and manipulation”.
Viruses that affect the Indian socio- psychological perceptions are mostly thanks to media contribution in the recent past.
Myth making; Hero-worship; Citing exceptions as examples and make sweeping statements based on that; Over generalizing the particular; Particularizing the general;Over simplifying the complex; Complicating the simple; Resorting to unloving criticism and uncritical love; Projecting poverty and suffering as the important requirements to get god’s grace; Evaluating anything or anyone with irrelevant aspects; Quoting and questioning things without contextual relevance; Proceeding with justifications to bolster up or brush aside facts; Paralyzing simple events with unwarranted and perverted analysis; Forging for facts to fit into preconceptions; Showing intolerance towards dissent; Promoting anti-nationalism as freedom of speech; Invent intentions when results are good and useful; Pandering to populism and political correctness over providing long term prosperity; Making desperate attempts to degrade some and deify others; Opposing for the sake of opposing; rejecting reasoning; operating with selective amnesia and collective indifference; Trying to mask present short comings by raking up past glories and gloat with ethnocentric pride; Sit on judgment over everything and everyone without trying to know in detail what we are judging; Generously throwing opinions around even without doing some home work on any issue; Diverting attention from intrinsically important issues by projecting emotionally appealing allegations, twisting facts, total indifference to facts etc have all become such a huge carapace covering the present generation that no one can know what is the real character of this generation.
The prime reason for most of these ugly trends are because people are overwhelmingly negatively influenced by media houses both in the print and audio visual which churns out heroes out of zeros and in some cases the glamorous reel industry dominates over and sometimes replaces the reality.
These worthies in the media are mostly guided by some petrified ideological fixations bolstered by some putrefied slogans and outdated statistics , pelf that pours into their purses, propelled by pseudo intellectualism and all of these masquerading as meaningful concern for the public. These media worthy pawns are moved around to manipulate, mislead and micro manage remotely all domains by multiple forces.
Most unfortunate impact of the manifestation of these attitudes is that many gullible youths apply most of these indiscriminately across the whole spectrum of human activities like in political domain, religious activities, social issues, cultural institutions, sports arena, economic development projects, commercial sector etc.