Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2020

Learn from all sources

many discuss based on varying degrees of ignorance than real knowledge. 

As I have seen my school teachers talk about Shakespeare Milton and Wordsworth as if others did not matter at all. 

The best part is these teacher themselves can't understand Shakespeare etc without Minerva guide.

This was actually a intimidating. 

Fortunately, some like me had a home environment where elders and parents knew and had good taste in both literature of other languages,  arts and music. 

I fully give credit to Babuji, Amma , Jay and Sri for these because as youngsters we imitate elders to learn. 

Had they only talked about MGR and Shivaji movies we would have also been culturally struck. 


Veneration of One language, one part of culture at the cost of rest of the languages and cultures is in my opinion actually, restricts one's range of options. 


Very few of my friends in school or college knew about K.L. Saigal but I was a great fan only because of my brothers Jay and Sri. 

I think nowadays, it is all the more imperative that with the accessibility to various aspects of multiple cultures through various platforms it would be wise to allow freedom to next generation just exposing them to many things and allow them the liberty to choose what appeals to them without  remote controlling but merely  monitoring out of concerned involvement without interfering or imposing what we like or worse still what we want.  



No comments: