Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Language and language teaching methods for non native speakers a glimpse

1. I am from India I was bed ridden for several months after a major accident, followed by a few operations and long durations of convalescence in bed and I started reading dictionaries, wrote some 40k sheets of paper which later on I entered in excel sheets which resulted in this.


 
2. Then recently did these pictorial stuffs I want to improve on this more when I get time




3. I also started one on idioms




4. Besides of course teaching synonyms in this way


5. Also did a calendar of attitude bringing out the denotation and connotation of many words as acronym as in this link


Full calendar with pictures below
ATTITUDE CALENDAR


















THE ROMANCE OF THE EYES
When with your eyes you just SEE
I know it is an expression of your concern for me;
When with your eyes you give me serious STARE
I know it is an expression of your care;
When with your eyes you merely GLANCE
I know, with your continued stare you don't want to put me in a trance
When with your eyes you pierce into me and LOOK
I know it stimulates the stuff above my neck;
When with your eyes you ESPY (to discern something obscure)
I know to come near you I must try;
When with your eyes you Descry (to discern something obscure)
I know ,in it, with you, only a few can vye;
When with your eyes you LEER (to look slyly)
I know, unconsciously, my attention it does veer;
When with your eyes you emotionally GAZE (look fixedly)
I know it penetrates my heart deeper than x-rays;
When with your eyes you PEEK (to glance furtively)
I know it is involvement and anxiety at its peak;
When with your eyes you just PEEP
I know it brings out the feelings that are deep;
When with your eyes you just GLIMPSE
I know all my worries it trims;
When with your eyes you carefully WATCH
I know about my security I need not worry much;
When with your eyes you carefully GANDER (look purposefully)
I know it is to remind memory's pleasant calendar;
When with your eyes you SQUINT
I know I must take the hint;
When with your eyes you are BLINKING
I know it involves deep thinking;
When with your eyes you widen your VIEW
I know my heart is going to melt like the early morning dew
When with the eyes of the mind, if we see, it is only from under the eyebrows
I know, and of course, you too know, come forth the Cupid's arrows.
















http://contentwriteups.blogspot.in/2009/10/peace-and-non-violence-harmony-and.html


















No comments: