Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2013

happiness quotes

True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.
This famous quote on happiness by Helen Keller

You will never be happier than you expect. To change your happiness, change your expectation.
This famous happiness quote by Bette Davis

Hope is itself a species of happiness, and, perhaps, the chief happiness which this world affords.
This quote on happiness by Samuel Johnson

Happiness is man's greatest aim in life. Tranquility and rationality are the cornerstones of happiness.

The meaning of happiness:

"Happiness depends upon achievement of personally significant goals and leading a balanced life."
Michael from Worcestershire, England
"Happiness is the ultimate realization that everything was, and is, exactly as it should be."
Paul from The Netherlands

Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
This happy thought by speaker Og Mandino

Happiness is contagious...when you reflect happiness, then all others around you catch the happy bug and are happy, too.
This definition of happiness by author Jennifer Leese

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
This definition of happiness by Mahatma Gandhi

Happiness is an inner state of well being. A state of well being enables you to profit from your highest: thoughts, wisdom, intelligence, common sense, emotions, health, and spiritual values in your life.
This happy thought by Lionel Ketchian.

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
This happy quote by Thich Nhat Hanh

I define happiness as ... having more than enough in each area of life--more than enough faith, more than enough relationships, more than enough physical, emotional and mental resources.
Kevin Bidwell, Kentucky, USA

I define happiness as ... being at peace with oneself and the world. It happens when your mind (intent), body (action)and spirit(conscience) vibrate in unison. A rare occurrence when you leave it to chance but can happen all the time if you consciously seek it.
Ali Sajid Husain, India

Happiness to me is seeing the smiles on my children's faces and knowing that I am the one who put them there.
Chalet Harris, Pennsylvania, USA

I define happiness as ... having the courage and responsibility to be a role model for my daughter to create her own destiny and not rely upon anyone for her happiness. Everyone is worthy of such a gift.
Nadine Rosario-Garcia, Florida, USA

I define happiness as being able to do something for someone and not expect something in return.
Dianne Gow, Ontario, Canada

I define happiness as the feeling of what the continual effort in bettering myself gives.
Damon Abbott, Japan

I define happiness as ... sitting quietly on my front porch, watching a rainstorm dance by, observing all of nature joyously celebrating it's abundance.
Carrie Houseman, Ohio, USA

I define happiness as ... that sense of warmth that begins at the core of the soul, spreads to the heart, and radiates outward from the eyes and lips of those who know it. The gift of happiness is elusive, but tangible. You cannot seek to find that which makes you happy for happiness comes from within and by your own choice.
Dale Reddish, Maryland, USA

I define happiness as ... walking through the dewy summer grass barefoot, the smile on a person's face upon seeing you, the warm sun shining on your face, the feeling of being completely loved faults and all.
Noel Collins, Connecticut, USA

I define happiness as ... having the freedom, health and opportunity to do great things for myself and others.
David Cress, Wisconsin, USA

I define happiness as ... the fresh scent of a soft Spring rain, the kiss of morning sunshine, and the embrace of a crisp Autumn breeze.
Yolanda Anderson, Alabama, USA

I define happiness as being at peace with myself and those around me and being able to give and receive love unconditionally.
Luke Sebastian, Malasia

I define happiness as ... a true joy that springs from the heart and does not depend upon the circumstances.
J. David Kumar, India

I define happiness as ... waking up with a smile, jumping over every obstacle that you encounter each day, thanking God for all he has created and for all we have...then going to bed and having totally awesome dreams!!!!!!
Marty Marshall, Tennessee, USA

I define happiness as ... the ultimate state of conscious feeling where all the five senses integrate into a purest form of dreamless love. Happiness flows out of 'FORGIVE'ness and not 'FORGET'ness.
Asesh Datta, India

I define happiness as ... a seed that God had planted in our heart, and we have to learn during the whole life to make it grow and flourish in a splendid flower, by learning to love each other
Adina Militaru, Romania

I define happiness as ... standing in the rain and really feeling every single rain drop that touches you, and knowing that each drop is a not a tear from God above but a drop of his everlasting love falling sown on us.
April Kinabrew, Mississippi

I define happiness as ... that reassuring sound of the other guy's fax machine kicking in.  "It's going through...it's really going through!"
Patricia Gomes, Massachusetts, USA

I define happiness as ... The smile on my son's face when he wakes up and the sun is shining after 4 days of rain, and he says 'mom, I can do my running today!'
Helene Nicol, South Africa

I define happiness as being able to sit in the hammock on a spring evening and know I am valuable--even after having two story submissions rejected by editors, one book proposal rejected and hearing my cousin just got a book deal with a major publisher.  The crickets and bullfrogs harmonize in the nearby pond and instead of thinking how far I have to go, I relish the successes I have on the smaller scale and know I can continue to pursue the mountains.
Alice J. Wisler, North Carolina, USA

I define happiness as ... comfortable shoes.
Sarah White, Arkansas, USA

I define happiness as ... not having your name show up in the obit. column.
Ed Scull, Georgia, USA

I define happiness as ... the smile you see when you give away the 'biggest' shark's tooth you just found!
Kim Lang, Florida, USA

I define happiness as ... knowing who you are and being at peace with yourself
Carolyn Richardson, Maryland, USA

I define happiness as ...
Our glow from within
 Shinning out toward
luminous beauty that sings
 Joy of the Lord!!!

Tamara Lanza



No comments: