This Covid-19 crisis has taught certain very valuable lessons.
1. No one is safe unless everyone is safe and no country can be safe unless every country is safe.
2. It has taught us that all life on the whole and all species are interrelated, interconnected, and interdependent.
3. Sometimes when we over emphasize everything we end up emphasizing nothing.
4. “In the end nothing less than the whole of everything can be the truth of anything at all”- William James
5. “We live in a changing universe, and few things are changing faster than our conception of it”-Timothy Ferris
6. “There is no tomorrow. There is only a planet turning on its axis, and a creature given to optimistic fancies”-Robert Brault
7. “Evolution itself is an open ended and indeterminate process”… “Given the remarkable progress in our understanding of biochemistry, molecular biology, and evolution as a whole … we have failed to develop concepts, ideas, even a language that could capture the dance of this life” - Guy Murchie
8. It has given us real education that has injected the fact that the Universe is not earth centric; Earth is not human centric;
Humanity is not any specific or particular ideology centric (be it religious, political, economic, social, regional, linguistic etc.).
in most realms [religion, politics, academics] of all hues and colours along
with a bunch of those who have appropriated certain terminologies like
intellectuals, or to put it in short, the majority of those involved in
social engineering and mass belief and opinion moulding businesses were humbled
to realize the process of the varying degrees of ignorance like what
Phenella wrote in ‘The Unwritten Comedy’, “To be ignorant of many things
is expected. To know you are ignorant of many things is the beginning of
wisdom. To know a category of things of which you are ignorant is the beginning
To know the details of that category of things of which you are ignorant is to no longer be ignorant.”
10. That there no panacea for life, hence we cannot defy or deny the importance of anything or anyone and we may not always end up getting the trade- off we expect. Life is lively and active, it is neither pass it on baton nor a pause button. Life is a dynamic jigsaw puzzle where even the figure of the puzzle is not predefined or may not be known through fixing the pieces but it may evolve through the pieces that emerge during the churning process of life and living.