There was a debate on peer review put on a high pedestal and pushed the rest down.
Everyone knows that academia is not immune to internal politics, rivalry, brand building exercises, mafia, lobbies etc.
But it becomes really a sorry state when the very vitals of scientific approach gets struck between the cleaver and butcher's block or chopping board
It all started with the video clip below:-
Then there were useful , thought provoking readings in several links, some took a revenge on me for sending more links than I do, but these are worth reading for aspiring research students and impartial analysts.
Of course, the majority of these links are against peer reviewing which tells the insults that these select club of ' peers' like the ' aristocrats' of the past must have inflicted on the scientific community.
1. When reviewing goes wrong: the ugly side of peer review
connect/editors-update/when- reviewing-goes-wrong-the-ugly- side-of-peer-review
2 . Let's stop pretending peer review works - Vox
3. The limitations to our understanding of peer review | Research Integrity and Peer Review
4. Peer review: a flawed process at the heart of science and journals
5. Is the peer review process flawed for academic articles?
6. 6 Common Flaws To Look Out For in Peer Review
7. Where to Find Peer Reviewed Sources - Peer Review: An Introduction - LibGuides at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8. How to Find Reliable Information on the Internet - People Development
9. 101 Free Online Journal and Research Databases for Academics | Scribendi
10. How peer reviews are degrading the spirit of science