Search This Blog

Thursday, November 23, 2023

creative art

 

Excellent. I used to love these. In case you are not aware, even my handwriting is horrible. I cannot draw anything meaningful; I am miserably poor in drawing even an umbrella picture properly. However,  I liked abstract art, surrealism, and creative art very much.

When I said this, much after I was around 30 plus especially after reading a book "Flow: The Psychology Of Optimal Experience By Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi" which was fortunately available, within a year after its publication in 1990, in a second hand/ old book shop at Chennai. Somehow, it caught my attention, and I bought it for just Rs.10/ - read it in three days . It was a real flow. 

Then, decided, why not try it. I went to the extent of challenging people around me to draw anything and I said I will bring out something meaningful. 

Creativity is sticking on to certain fundamentals of any subject, take a framework and weave new patterns.

For example, take a raga (fundamental) and a composition (framework) render them. Then show your creativity and originality in Alapna and kalpanaswaras.

Take topic and a canvas. Visualize and draw using techniques to either one full room or just the immobile fan or a fan in motion or just the ceiling. Which facets or dimensions of a subject you project and how you do it, how you interpret it and the dynamics you use to relate with that dimension are all aspects of creative thinking or creativity.

Tomorrow I will try to see from my external hard disk whether I have some creative drawing I did.  Coming back to the challenge . First he made his signature. I looked it from sideways tilted the board and made hat of a cowboy out of that. Then he drew the Tamil letter Tha. I turned it upside down and drew a picture of Western toilet.​

One chap around me, then  Tha ( meaning give in Tamil) a paper and wrote the letter  written as 




I turned it upside down made it into a Western commode

 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/201707/the-mad-genius-mystery

 

 

 


No comments: