Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Biographies and travelogues.

                Biographies and travelogues.

Beethoven was a phenomenon as I came to know only through Sullivan's biography of him.

So were Saint Purandara dasa and Saint Thyagaraja.

It is unfortunate that  Indians have not bothered to respect , to relate with and relish properly the great souls.

Navin Sullivan has written, because of his understanding, an excellent biography of ‘Beethovan'- a great genius.

This was not only an eye opener for me to understand better Beethovan but also to approach biographies better.

This motivated me to try my hand at small biographical sketches of great souls.


I have read some excellent biographies and travelogues.


They have enabled me to relate better in people and places.



No comments: