21 Points to reflect and repair the Main Stream Media’s lost dignity.
1. Impartiality and sanity can bring back the lost dignity to the main stream media [MSM] and not any specific identity.
I am placing here many links.
Each one explains some facet[s] of media’s roles, responsibilities and rottenness.
Reading everything will be long but will provide clear explanations as to why there is a collective distrust against MSM or Main Stream Media and journalists in general and also provide solutions for course correction.
2. Evolution of civilization through the ages has flooded life with multiple options while the media opinion peddlers still hug to the old frames of references based on the dichotomy of Left and Right which are outdated reductionisms.
3. Worse still these media opinion molders script their narratives on these preconceived ideological fixations and presumptive superiority of ideologies and extrapolate everything ad nausea by harping on divisions and victimhood to reap dividends for themselves or their pay masters in the process.
4. Some relevant quotes as a prelude:-
“In the end nothing less than the whole of everything can be the truth of anything at all”- William James
“Society is always engaged in a vast conspiracy to preserve itself - at the expense of the new demands of each new generation.” ~John Haynes Holmes
“The things that are wrong with the country today are the sum total of all the things that are wrong with us as individuals” ~Charles W. Tobey
“When we think of the past, we forget the fools and remember the sage. We reverse the process for our own time”. ~George Boas
5. Honest reprisal of media is required if it needs to get back some respect
6. Selective scrutiny the greatest sickness
7. Blatant extrapolation of out dated ideology
8. Harm to all due to ideological extremism
9. Masks of media getting exposed on all aspects
10. Media’s desperation to create excessive negativism is back firing
11. How media is digging its own grave
12. Civilization’s inevitable manifestations will be observation of facts and then, contextually relevant and refined adaptation of them to enhance, to empower and to enlighten life without violent revolutions
13. Social Media’s power is enhanced by main stream media’s biased reporting
14. Politics is a very important and inevitable component of social evolution
but that does not mean we need to politicize everything
15. There are many methods, myriads of avenues, subjects and domains all helped by multitude of technological devices which offer a variety of options for social engineering leading to a better life of all species.
16. All opinion makers would be well advised to accept these facts and also understand better what is real division?
17. The real harm is due to excessive identity veneration
18. Synergy is the need of the hour
19. No single ideology can be a panacea for all social ills and uniformity and homogenization are puerile attempts.
20. Freedom of Media
21. Modi’s performance as on 2016 May