Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hard work

I have read many times 'PHANTOMS IN THE BRAIN' by one of my favorite and world renowned neuroscientist V.S. Ramachandran with Sandra Blakeslee in 2009/10. This is one of my cherished collections. This book is imbued with lot of case studies. I myself could a partial example with a handicapped leg which initially when I was admitted at Royapettah Hospital after accident two doctors wanted to amputate. I shall give you some links below to get a peep into the subject. But today I came across an unbelievable example of this phenomenon of Phantom Limbs. Watch the link enjoy, express your sentiments, cry out if you want but also think of those kinds of people and join any group or organization that donates or helps such people especially as International Day of People with Disability is very near on 3rd December. Handicap is a handicap though as the great linguist Steven Pinker says the term may have undergone “ the euphemism treadmill as lame, crippled, disabled, challenged” and now differently- abled etc.



But best would be to buy 'PHANTOMS IN THE BRAIN' by V.S. Ramachandran and Sandra Blakeslee
Though there are some shortened versions in PDF on the net they miss out the important notes.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=640703379310760

No comments: